Regardless of what the weather like in your area of the country, seasonal rooms and sunrooms might be welcome and flexible addition to your home’s layout. Whether the sunshine is constant or only an occasional visitor, get inspired by these spaces to create your own stunning sunroom, full of natural light.
Avondale Custom Homes
1. Use materials that are organic. Be one with nature in a sunroom composed from all natural elements. Pick out a variety of wood planks, bricks and stone of your choice from the local hardware store to adorn your oasis.
2. Add rays of color. Let this cheerful space reflect your personality. Bring some life to a room with bright paint on the walls and ceiling. Paint a two-tone room for added dimension and observe the natural light glow.
The Anderson Studio of Architecture & Design
3. Put in window seats. For a practical and elegant look on your sunroom, put in a banquette or place a very long bench against the windows. A complementary dining table and chairs create the perfect space for guests to relax and lounge before, during and after a meal.
Studio ST Architects, P.C.
4. Produce a office. When you have a more compact sunroom, turn it into an inspirational workspace. Turn your desk to face the outside, and maintain toddlers along with other organizational materials out of immediate view to get a true indoor/outdoor feel.
Martha O’Hara Interiors
5. Glass it in. Go out with your sunroom and transform it into an all-glass space known as a solarium. Additionally, it can be a sizable investment, but these breathlessly lovely spaces allow you to get nice and toasty, basking in sunlight from every angle and in every season.
hatch + ulland owen architects
6. Double the distance. Though it’s on the expensive side, if you are able to afford to put in retractable windows and doors to your sunroom — take action. It is a terrific way to expand the space visually and open this up with a push of your hand.
7. Don’t overlook the ceiling. Reinvent the traditional thought of a seasonal area with extra-chic furnishings and a ceiling remedy everybody will stare at with admiration.
Dewson Construction Company
8. Set this up for fun. Arrange distinct conversational seating areas on your sunroom for year-round outdoor entertaining. Guests will gladly love the view from every standpoint and will never feel left out of the group.
Alan Design Studio
9. Fashion a morning retreat. Drink a cup of your favorite coffee, catch up on current affairs or just bask in the sunshine — all steps from the bed. Improve your master suite with an extended sunroom to get a mini-getaway on your pajamas.
10. Get the most out of limited space. In case you don’t have room for a full size sunroom, create a cute faux version facing a huge window with a simple and comfortable seating area where you are able to sit back, unwind and indulge in the opinion.
Sunrooms Shine in Different Ways
The Sunporch: A Room For All Seasons
Let the Sun Shine In